Smart Belay - A revolution in the self belaying product sector. Belaying with conventional self protection systems still carries the risk that the park visitors can completely detach themselves from the safety system. EDELRID has closed this safety hole with the revolutionary Smart Belay. A system of communicating, interconnected pulley carabiners. If one carabiner is open the other carabiner realizes this, and - used properly - it will not open until the other carabiner is clipped and closed on the safety cable. Only then, by using the accepted utilization methods, the other carabiner can be unclipped. Therefore an accidental complete unclipping is virtually impossible. The advantage are: an increased safety for the visitor, less risk, and peace of mind for the operator. The pulley carabiners are designed specifically for zip lines and replace the double pulley. The slick ergonomic design of the Smart Belay allows easy operation by children and adults alike. The Smart Belay is optionally available with an integrated shock absorber (6 kN), which can replace other rescue devices.
The first annual inspection can also be ordered optionally, in order to expand the warranty warranty time for one year.
Smart Belay orders will have to be paid in advance
- Closing mechanism: A system of communicating interconnected pulley carabiners prevents complete removal.
- Pulley carabiners: The pulley wheels in the carabiner head replace the double pulley, reduce wear and assists an easier movement along the cable.
- Pilot bar in order to provide support during the course and to ensure correct landing on the zip line.
- Modular system: With the help of the EDELRID Conecto technology the Smart Belay can be individually assembled.
- Tech Web webbing combines the low weight and hightensile strength of Dyneema® with the abrasion resistance of polyamide.
- Norm: EN 354
|Shipping weight:||1,10 Kg|
|Product weight:||1,05 Kg|